Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Jesus, Our Protector

My DSH returned from a conference in NJ late last night. We were so happy to have him home. We missed him so much!

While he was away, the weather was just wacky (lots of rain & high winds). It really didn’t bother me at all until night time when everything was quiet and still. That’s when it felt like the house was going to blow apart. I wasn’t scared but I was uncomfortable knowing that I was the only adult in the house and I was responsible for the lives of my 3 kids.

The first night we (the kids and I) slept in the fort together. After my bout of complaining, it was really fun. The next night everyone slept in their own beds. I had a hard time falling asleep that night because the wind was shaking the house so hard. Every time I would start to fall asleep, the wind would wake me up again.

So, I did what I usually do when I can’t sleep, I prayed. I prayed for lots of different things but mostly for protection over my family and home. As I was praying I saw a picture of a blue blanket being draped over my house. I knew that it was Jesus letting me know He was covering me, the kids and our home with His protection. After that I slept very soundly for the rest of the night.

I didn’t really think about the significance of the color, until I was typing this entry. The color blue signifies the Holy Spirit and a Heavenly visitation. It just gives me chills when I think about how much Jesus loves us!

I love Jesus! He gave me exactly what I needed when I needed it.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Wow! Jesus is so cool. It always amazes me how much and how individually He loves us. How could anyone want anything else?