Monday, April 16, 2007

The Things You Do for You're Kids

Outside


Inside

Last night we had sleep together night where the parents get to sleep with the kids. We try to do it once a week. A few weeks ago, we made a fort and let the kids sleep in there. Last night, they requested the fort again only this time they requested me to sleep with them in the fort. Yes, I grumbled and complained (to myself) but I agreed to sleep on the hard, hard, floor in the fort. I really had to keep checking my attitude. I, in no way, shape, or form wanted to do it, but I knew that these are the types of things that make their childhood special. I also knew that these are the things that my kids are going to remember as special times spent with me.

So as I am starting my day today, I am really making an effort to not be as selfish and instead am thinking of other special things that we can do together.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

you're my hero.

now, go get those sprinkles out and I'll really be impressed....