Sunday, April 1, 2007

Singing Sunday


This week's song is by Twila Paris. It's called "Do I Trust You" and is off of the Warrior is a Child CD.

Sometimes my little heart can't understand
What's in Your will, what's in Your plan.
So many times I'm tempted to ask You why,
But I can never forget it for long.
Lord, what You do could not be wrong.
So I believe You, even when I must cry.
Do I trust You, Lord?
Does the river flow?
Do I trust You, Lord?
Does the north wind blow?
You can see my heart,
You can read my mind,
And You got to know
That I would rather die
Than to lose my faith
In the One I love.
Do I trust You, Lord?
Do I trust You?

I will trust You, Lord, when I don't know why.
I will trust You, Lord, till the day I die.
I will trust You, Lord, when I'm blind with pain!
You were God before, and You'll never change.
I will trust You.
I will trust You.
I will trust You, Lord.
I will trust You.

So often life throws situations at us that we are totally unprepared for. My SDH & I are walking through one right now. This song came on the iPod a few days ago and I have been meditating on the words. No matter what we are walking through, God knows all about it and WILL take care of us. I am choosing to trust the Lord because He is GOD now, He was GOD before and He will always be GOD! And, God is much BIGGER than us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Plain and Simple,

This blog is awesome!!! I never really took the time to read one before. What a wonderful outlit.

Love you,
Beutiful Grace

P.S. Since 2000, we have been walking through very difficult stuff, yet in the stuff Jesus is there. It is through the stuff that Jesus allows us to see our undoneness and others' undoneness. It is through the stuff that Jesus gives us a glimpse of His awesome mercy and than calls us to give that mercy away to others. His love and provision keep us. His power sustains us and when we "feel" our weakest, He is right there beside us giving us the strength to endure. May Jesus pour out His power and provision in your difficult situation. Keep singing!!! :)