Thursday, May 3, 2007

New Woman

I am a different woman since I have been back from the conference this past weekend. While I was there, the Lord dealt with some attitudes I had been harboring. (I'll explain exactly what happened on the special Singing Sunday edition, this Sunday).

This is what usually happens when I go to a conference: I feel really close to God, and think that I have changed. Then, the real world happens again! And I find out that I was only changed during the conference.

This time was different. I went to the conference, got close to God and really did change! At times I have felt the old attitudes welling up but I have pushed them down and Said NO! I am much more patient with people. I feel a great compassion for people. I am not stressed like I usually was. I am still looking at life differently. I am honestly having fun with my kids, which is something that I have struggled with in the past.

If you are struggling with attitudes, keep praying. It has been a long journey for me. I am not perfect, He is still working on me to make me who He wants me to be. No, you don't have to go to a conference to change, God can work anywhere.

No comments: