Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bargains, Bargains, Bargains

I have to tell you about our day on Monday. Because of the Breakthrough conference at the church, they gave the staff off on Monday. That in itself was a huge blessing to me because my DSH (Dear Sweet Husband) works CRAZY hours on Mondays. Because he had off, we decided to have a fun filled family day.

1. We went to Allentown to the Da Vinci Science Center. We recently spent $75 to become members of the Whitaker Center so now we are able to go to 130 other science centers all across the country for free. We had such a great time. The kids had a blast going through the dark tunnel, playing with the fish and making shapes in the dark room. We then spent $3.00 for a pizza out of a vending machine just because we had never seen one before. It most definitely wasn't a bargain!

2. Next we went to Taco Bell for lunch (the pizza didn't cut it!) because we had a BOGO free coupon. Taco Bell is one of our most favorite places to eat.

3. Then we went to buy some sneakers. I first heard about them on Rachael Ray. So I searched the web to find a store near me and found one in Allentown. The store is called Steve & Barry's. Let me just tell you what all we got. We spent $84 and we got 4 pairs of sneakers (4 PAIRS) , a belt, a pair of pants and 3 shirts. I highly recommend this store to anyone! The only downfall to the store is that the shoe sizes start around Shadow's size.

4. On the way home we stopped at Cabela's and had a great time looking at all of the stuffed animals and the walk-through fish aquarium. We had gone there a couple years ago when they had first opened and it was wall-to-wall people. It was much calmer on Monday.

It was such an awesome family day! We don't get to have many days like that one very often and I'm going to cherish it for a long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have told me you were heading this way! We love the DaVinci museum - and are only 25 minutes away with no traffic! I haven't hit that store yet, but you are like the 10th person who's raved about it since we moved here. Oh well, maybe next time we can rendevous at a spot like that. Glad you had a great time :)