Saturday, July 14, 2007

Dishwasher Detergent

Here's my recipe...

1 Cup Washing Soda (not Baking soda). You can find this in the laundry section of most grocery stores. It's made by Arm & Hammer. It's sold as a laundry booster. Comes in a big yellow box.
1 Cup Borax soap powder. You can find this in the laundry section of most stores.

Combine. Add 1 - 2 TBSP to closed soap section. No need to add to pre-wash section with this detergent. It works well.

After using this for a while I realized that I was using too much (I don't measure. I just pour it in) and there was a white film on my dishes. To combat this (since I am still too lazy to measure), I added 1/2 C powdered Cascade to the mix. That took care of the problem.

I honestly don't know if it is cheaper. I never figured it out. It should be though because I have been using it for a bunch of months and have only had to buy another box of washing soda. I do like however that it is safer on the environment.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Beautiful Grace said...

You are resourceful!!!

When the boys were little,
it took all the energy that I had just go to the store, let alone making homemade stuff like you do.

You're awesome, Simply Beautiful!!!

Love... :)