Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Bomb - Chapter 5

by Evan Bingaman
grade 5, age 10



Chapter 5 - Noon



"What does Coil mean?" Edd said

"It means to-"

"I know what it means," Edd interrupted."I just meant what does it mean in the letter?"

"Beats me," Jeff said.

"I better get going, Jeff. See ya."

"Bye." Edd runs out the door. 'What does coil mean?' This thought was in Jeff's head all day.



After school..."Whoot!!" Kids were running out of school yelling. "School's out!"

Edd ran up to Jeff. "Hey Jeff. I know what coil means."

Jeff said in a dark voice, "What? You know the word coil?"

"Yeah." Edd said. "We'll decode the letters into numbers by ABC order, like A equals 1, B equals 2."

"Okay"

Edd said, "The number is 315912."

"So, I'm going to die on 5/9/12 at 3:10 PM." Jeff said.

"But, Jeff. That's tomorrow!"

1 comment:

Beautiful Grace said...

Oh no, Jeff can't die. He's the main character!