Sunday, June 3, 2007

Singing Sunday

Today's song was just burning in me during worship practice this morning. Today being communion Sunday, the focus of the service was on how Jesus died for our sins. He sacrificed Himself for ME! That thought is just unfathomable to me. If I was the only person on Earth, he would have died, for ME! Doesn't that just blow your mind? To be totally honest, I don't know if I would be able to sacrifice myself for my family, let alone someone who I don't know. I always knew that He sacrificed Himself for me but this morning it hit home. I ended up just crying out my thanks to the Lord. I am so undeserving of His great love.


I long for that kind of compassionate, unending love in my life. I am working on being able to show that kind of love to others.


This song is an oldie but a goodie. The only music for it that I could find is a midi file so it doesn't sound the best, but it still gives you the idea of what the song sounds like. Click on the title to hear the midi.

Oh How He Loves You and Me
Words and Music by Kurt Kaiser


          Oh, how He loves you and me,
          Oh, how He loves you and me.
          He gave His life, what more could He give;
          Oh, how He loves you, Oh, how He loves me,
          Oh, how He loves you and me.

          Jesus to Calv'ry did go,
          His love for mankind to show.
          What He did there brought hope from despair.
          Oh, how He loves you, Oh, how He loves me,
          Oh how He loves you and me.

          Oh, how He loves you and me,
          Oh, how He loves you and me.
          He gave His life, what more could He give;
          Oh, how He loves you, Oh, how He loves me,
          Oh, how He loves you and me.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Dear Sara,

I was reading Classic Mama's blog and wondered who she went to Knoebel's with so I did a little research and discovered you! Great family pic!

Also, I was blessed to read your post from today...as I was privileged to be at the same place at the same time as you.

Blessings on you and your family!
AB

Beautiful Grace said...

The thing that is most awesome about the Lord is that He died for us pre-knowing all of the things we would do to hurt His heart (sin does that).

He died because He has the kind of love that sees past the way we have hurt Him to veiw that kind of people we will be with Him.

I want to be like Jesus!