Saturday, September 22, 2007

Our Life In A Car

I have been trying an experiment over the last few days.



We drive a Saturn Ion. As you can see by the picture, it is not a huge car. All three kids are in the backseat with little room between them and that often leads to lively discussions.

Lately it seems that they just CAN'T get along! Fighting, bickering, name calling, etc. has forced me to pull over to the side of the road numerous times for some "not so nice talks." (code for s-p-a-n-k-i-n-g-s)

Here's my experiment and it seems to be working quite well. Whenever the fighting starts, I make the kids lean their head back, close their eyes and put their hands on their laps. Then I get to relish in the quiet of the drive.

I find that it is increasingly difficult to drive while the kids are yelling and fighting. I actually look forward to this type of punishment so I can have quiet driving time.

No comments: