Sunday, January 20, 2008

Israel: Day 1, January 5, 2008

Hi All,

On day one, Saturday, we left the church at 8:30 AM to go to the airport. Upon arriving in Newark, NJ, we waited in a LONG line for check in only to be told that we were in the WRONG LINE! So we changed lines and started over. When we got the the counter check in went very smoothly. We had lots of time on our hands before we could board the plane so we did what any good Christian folks would do, we ate.

We got on the plane and prepared ourselves for the 10 hour flight. We were on a 777 jet that has 3 seats at each window and 3 seats in the middle of the plane. We were in the middle section in rows 42, 43, & 44 out of 45 total rows. The plane was packed, there wasn't an empty spot to be found on it. The flight started out fun but then the novelty wore off and everyone tried to sleep. It was really hard and I think I slept for a total of maybe an hour. One thing I'll remember is that all they did on the plane was try to feed us. First it was a drink and snack. Then it was a meal. Then another drink. And another drink. And then another snack. And another drink. And another drink. Then the fed us breakfast and one more drink. No wonder I couldn't sleep. They kept waking us up to feed us!

Somewhere during the flight, it turned into Sunday, but more on that later. Enjoy the Day 1 pics!



The crew (minus the leader)



Experimenting with my camera



Seat mate 1 - Megan



Seat Mate 2 - Mark

3 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Ooooo goodie! I'm so glad you're sharing this...and photos too!!!

Livin' Life said...

I will be tuning in everyday now to read. This is so good!!!

Emily said...

I can't wait to hear all about your trip. You were so excited about it on Tuesday, now I will get to hear every little detail.